- Participants will showcase the EXTERIORS of their buildings with creative holiday lighting displays and compete to win honors and recognition at the Celebrate San Antonio New Year’s Eve Event.
- Displays should be turned on daily no earlier than 5:30 pm and turned off no later than 12:30 am.
- Displays shall be lit through early January.
- The use of LED lights is encouraged, but not required for participation. Extra points will be given for “green” energy-conscious displays.
- The general public can vote for their favorite lighting displays online at www.LUDT.com
- Contest Voting ends December 19th at midnight
- Winners will be notified on December 20th (Mayor’s Office)
- Winners will be publicly announced on New Year’s Eve
- Awards will be presented to winners at the City Council Ceremonial in January 2020.
Contest winners will be chosen for the following awards:
People’s Choice Awards
- Best Use of Space
- Storefront - Small Business
- Storefront - Corporate
The Mayor’s Awards
- Best Lighting Display of a Building
- Best Lighting Display of a Storefront
- Mayor Nirenberg’s Choice Award for Best Overall Display
- CPS Energy Award for the Greenest Lighting Display
For Riverside properties abutting the river, all lighting displays must conform to City Code Sec. 35-673 – Site Design Standards.
***(5) Prohibited Lighting on the Riverside of Properties Abutting the river. A. Flashing lights. B. Rotating lights. C. Chaser lights D. Exposed neon. E. Seasonal decorating lights such as festoon, string or rope lights, except between November 2019, and January 6, 2020. F. Flood Lamps.